Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Pelican

Hi, Janja here!

I'm glad that spring is here, and even more, I am looking forward to summer. This year so much that we already booked our holidays. Since the holidays are still far away, my dreams are being realized with cards.
So let's get started ...


For the card we need:
  • white card base: 8.5 x 5.5" (21,5 x 14 cm) folded
  • blue and white cardstock: 4 x 5.2" (10 x 13,2 cm) and 3.7 x 4.9" (9,5 x 12,6 cm)
  • scraps of colored cardstock
  • Distress inks: Broken China, Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey and Pumice Stone
  • blue ribbon
  • glue and adhesive pads

I printed the inscription in Word and painted the background with Distress inks, water and a brush. Before painting paper was wet with water for more beautiful flowing.


For the pelican I used a CottageCutz die. All cutouts are shaded with the Distress inks. With shading we achieved look of depth. 
I applied adhesive foam pads to the back of my pelican and attached it. 
With scissors, we draw around the edges of the cardstock. At the lower end of the cardstock I glued a ribbon, bound in a knot. 
When card was completed, I added some seagulls and fish.


List of dies used:



Have a nice day.

Janja

8 comments:

Vladuška said...

Very beautiful and like how you did the background.

Maja said...

Fabulous card!

Karen in PA said...

You ladies makes such lovely backgrounds, and I love this little pelican!
Karen

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh, I LOVE your card, and I LOVE the Pelican die!! Thank you for including your instructions for pulling the card together!! I am really loving this blog again!!

oldpunca said...

Janja, you have created a fabulous summer card. I can smell the sea. :-))

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great summer by the sea card Janja-I like the water you created with the distress inks-awesome

Joanne said...

So beautiful Janja!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is super cute Janja!
hugs
Cheryl