Sunday, March 27, 2011

With Sympathy

Hello! Here is a picture tutorial for you on how to create your own background paper with your die cuts and distress inks. Here I used the Ornate Dragonfly die. I cut my dragonflies out of Post It Craft paper which is adhesive backed and just perfect for this technique. Ink up your sponge applicator tool and pounce the ink on. Do not swirl it on or you will lift up the "masks" you've stuck down.

Here it is after applying the inks...

Starting to peel up the masks to reveal the magic ;)

Here I inked up a white dragonfly, and then sprayed it with perfect pearls mixed with water in a mini mister. Makes a super pretty shiny effect! And here is my finished card...

Wish the shine would have photographed better...you can see it a little here...

Ok, I hope you likey! :) See you back here next Sunday!

Nikki





3 comments:

Vicki said...

That is a very pretty card. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Shar said...

Thank you for the tutorial!! I'm going to have to try masking again. You make it look so easy and your card turned out so beautifully. :)

Ruth Ellen said...

So pretty!! Love the tutorial, too!!