Friday, April 02, 2010

Egg-straordinary Fun!!

I figure with Easter coming up this weekend, the Cottage Cutz Egg Carton and Chicks is the perfect die to showcase today since many of you will probably be dyeing your Easter Eggs this weekend! This die is part of the Cottage Cutz Easter Release.

This shape was so fun to put together because I felt like I was dyeing Easter Eggs but without all the mess! Plus, this shape is a perfect opportunity to use up scraps of paper as you create your different eggs. Every piece of cardstock I used on this layout came from my scrap drawer.

Here is a close up shot of this adorable Egg Carton Shape. So many fabulous details on this shape! I used my Copic markers to add some details and shading on the chicks and egg carton. I also used some pop dots behind a couple of the chicks to give a 3-D effect.


The March Spring Cottage Cutz release has now started shipping so join us next week as we begin showcasing dies from this release. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see new projects using these Spring dies! Until then, have a Happy Easter!!

5 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Super cute Ruth Ellen! I love how you did your egg carton and how it looks on your LO! This die is perfect for all these "Dying Eggs" pics we'll be taking this weekend.

Txangel528 said...

That is really adorable!! That is a die that is a must have for easter!

Helmka Family said...

That die is ADORABLE! You really showcased it so nicely. Such a cute layout! Love the photos of her in her apron...how CUTE!
TFS!
Karen

Susan Payton said...

What a wonderful creative blog. I've enjoyed so much reading it.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! What an adorable layout! LOVe this die! xxD