Sunday, April 22, 2018

Travelling Llamas

Hi!

It's Anja here. For today's post I couldn't go without the llamas. They are so adorable and are still available in the store for a 25 % discount. I put them in the travelling mode as they walk trough the desert in the night. I love making scenes with Cottage Cutz dies.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Traveling Llama, Llamas, Potted Cactus, Pierced Circle Set),
- Distress Inks (Walnut Stain, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Faded Jeans, Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters),
- Distress Oxides (Hickory Smoke, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, Frayed Burlap, Lucky Clover, Vintage Photo, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Citron, Seedless Preserves),
- gold pigment ink, 
- white card base (11x21 cm),
- white card stock for background (10,5x20,5 cm) and die cuts,
- water spritzer,
- washi tape,
- heat gun,
- black pen,
- paper glue.

First I die cut all the pieces for the llamas and colored them with combination of Distress Inks and Oxides.


I used black pencil for the eyes.


I used only greenery from the Potted Cactus die.


I used a circle die from Pierced Circle Set to cut a circle from a piece of card stock. I used it as a stencil for the moon.


I cut a rectangle from white card stock (10,5x20,5 cm) for the background. I adhere the circle with washi tape. And I used Distress Oxides to make the night sky and ground. When  was satisfied with the colors I used water spritzer to make the stars.



I dried the surface with the heat gun. I put the stencil over the moon and put a grey colored ink over it. I also spritz it with water. I used paper towel for the access water and then dried it with the heat gun.
 

When I had the background ready I glued it on the card base and then adhered the llamas and the cactus and other desert greenery.


And this is my finished card.




I hope your Sunday is as relaxing as possible. I'm planing a trip with my brother and sister.

See you again next week.
Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:




6 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love the way you grouped all the llamas such a cute card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a fantastic desert scene Anja- you created a great nighttime sky - totally love this card!!!

Janja said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful card Anja! I love your scene - so detailed and well executed.

SugarShine Designs said...

This card has so much detail and will be a treasure to anyone who receives it.

Sherry said...

This is just the cutest. I love doing scene cards. ~ Hugs, Sherry