Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Get To Know Pam MacKay




Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us. We started a new feature last week that we are continuing with today on the Blog.  Over the next several weeks, we will be giving you a closer look at our designers.  It's  a "get to know the design team"  and today we are featuring Pam MacKay. 


To introduce myself here is a little background info. I was born in Akron, Ohio.  We moved down to the Dayton area when I was in high school. I went to Ohio University and got my teaching degree. I married my high school sweetheart who happened to live right across the street! We moved cross country to Oregon, Washington and then settled in Southern CA for 38 years.  I taught in Laguna Beach until I retired. After hubby retired we moved to South Carolina to be closer to family. 
 
I have been stamping for over 20 years. I got really hooked when I went to a card making class with a friend. My wallet became very light from that day forward! I enjoy all styles of card making. I cant really put my finger on my style but I will say I usually like lots of layering. I have taught a number of card making classes.  And I have been on a number of design teams. I can spend hours in my womans cave making cards but I do have to feed the husband on occasion!
 
I am really enjoying being a part of the Scrapping Cottage Design team.  The dies are wonderfully detailed and the cards that I make with them are so cute that it is very hard to send out. I just want to keep them all to myself!  Here are some of my favorite CottageCutz creations and to tell you the truth it was hard to pick just a couple of them.






6 comments:

Lois said...

Nice to get to know a bit of your background, Pam. That first "favorite" of yours is also a favorite of mine! It reminds me of that old Jordanaires song, "Church in the Wildwood."

Sukie said...

Thanks so much for sharing a bit about you! Your card style is amazing! I too love lots of layers and details! I love each of your creations!

karen said...

These "Get to Know You" posts are really fun.
K

Janja said...

It's nice to get to know something more about you, Pam. All your cards are wonderful.

SugarShine Designs said...

It's fun to hear more about what shaped you into the talented artist that you are! I agree with Sukie and her statements about your great layers and details - and that is your style, no matter if the design falls into the cute or elegant categories. TFS! Janet

Anja Ž. said...

Really is a pleasure to get to know you better. You make such beautiful cards