Monday, October 09, 2017

Refrigerator Magnets

Hi, Lois here with a different type of project today.  I used a couple of the new CottageCutz bird die/stamp combos to make some refrigerator magnets.  They were really simple and quite fun using the stamps, dies, and my Xyron sticker maker -- with the laminating/magnet cartridge.


First I stamped the images onto 110# white cardstock.  I thought the heavier cardstock would be more sturdy in the final project.


Then, closely following the photos on the packaging, I colored both birds with my Copic markers.


I cut them out using the dies included with the sets.


I had bought the laminating/magnet cartridge for my Xyron 510 sticker maker some time ago and just recently pulled it out for another project.    I inserted my die-cut bird images into the machine . . .


. . . cranked the handle, and out they came.


I fussy cut them with small scissors, leaving a narrow border of magnet material showing.



And my project was complete.


I just wanted to show that you can do more with these stamps and dies than just make a fun card.  I hope you give this a try!

CottageCutz products used on my refrigerator magnets are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzoriolewblossomsstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbluejayandappleblossomstampanddie.aspx

Be sure to check out all the new Halloween and Christmas dies now available in the store!

8 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Great idea to make magnets out of the birds! That would be a great gift to make for someone or even for yourself. Nice! -Janet

Anja Ž. said...

This is such a clever idea. I love it. And I love your coloring too. Really beautiful.

Mary Marsh said...

Such a creative and innovative idea Lois-I always like your out of the box thinking- beautiful project

Pam MacKay said...

What a wonderful project! The magnets would make adorable gifts!

Jeanne said...

What a creative use of the stamps! This is such a great idea - love it. They would be great to include with birthday or Christmas cards for friends you don't exchange gifts with, but want to give them a little something.

Janja said...

This is just wonderful. How clever idea this is.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Joanne said...

Very clever idea! Your coloring is beautifully done!