Friday, August 04, 2017

Wedding Doves


Good morning!  It’s Jeanne here with my first post as a guest designer on the CottageCutz Blog. I am excited to be a part of the team and share my crafting skills with you.
  
 The card I have for today's post would make a great engagement, wedding, or anniversary card.  For a wedding, it would be fantastic to do in the bride's colors.  The layout for this card came from a sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.
I started with a pink card base of 8 1/2 x 5 1/5, scored at the 4 1/4 inch point and a vanilla layer cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8.
Next I cut the doily using the largest die from the Nested Stitched Doily Set.  Since the color of the pink cardstock was close to the vanilla color, I sponged the edges with pink to give some definition.
From vanilla cardstock, I cut two medium flowers, one small flower and one large flower along with a small and medium center from the Plumeria and Leaves die.  I sponged the edges of the flowers in pink and the centers in yellow.  I also added just a touch of pink to the very center of each flower.
When I have very small items to glue, I usually place a large drop of glue on a craft mat and use a toothpick to put the glue on my piece.  The toothpick also helps me to place the item where I want it on the card.
I cut the birds from vanilla cardstock and their perch and the word "love" from a matte silver cardstock. The birds were edged in a light grey ink and their beaks colored in the same yellow I used for the flower centers.  I used a Multi-liner to dot their eyes.
The last step was to put it all together.  The doily, birds, and one medium flower are glued to the vanilla layer.  I used a foam dot to place the small flower on top of the medium flower.  The larger flower was created in the same way and adhered to the card using two layers of foam dots.  I added the word "love" and some pearls to finish it off.
That’s my card for this week. I hope I have given you some inspiration on ways to use the new wedding dies. See you next Friday.
Products used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpairofdoves.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlivelaughlove.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitcheddoilyset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzplumeriaandleaves4x4pre-order.aspx

There is another great release of new dies over in the online store. The Nested Shapes with 17 designs as well as a Wedding Release with 20 designs. Janet (our video artist) has put together a video showcasing all the new nested shapes dies. Just click on the photo below to be taken to the CottageCutz YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LOQcFflcIE&feature=youtu.be




9 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

welcome to the team Jeanne-you have created a beautiful wedding card using the new doves die

SugarShine Designs said...

Welcome Jeanne! Really enjoyed your card today. The colors are so delicate and fresh. - Janet

Janja said...

Welcome Jeanne!
What a nice card.

Pam MacKay said...

Welcome aboard!! Your card is so soft and pretty! Love the little doves!

Bev Polen said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! Congrats on being a guest designer for Scrapping Cottage! You will love it!

Anja Ž. said...

Wellcome Jeanne! Your card is beautiful!

Lois said...

Welcome to the crew, Jeanne! I love your sweet card. The soft pink looks so pretty with the doves.

Sukie said...

Such a gorgeous card! The soft colors look so elegant! Congrats on the guest designer spot!

Pradhan mantri yojana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.