Friday, October 28, 2016

~From Our House to Yours~

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog. Can you believe that October is almost a wrap?
The countdown to Christmas is starting. Yikes! I am behind on both Christmas and Thanksgiving cards. Hopefully, I can correct that some this weekend.
 
Today I am showing you a whimsical style card that would be very easy to mass produce. It's featuring the Nested Ornaments: Bulb and some Peachy Keen Face Stamps. 
 
Our design team partnered with Peachy Keen Stamps to celebrate their new release of face stamps that work perfectly with the CottageCutz Christmas ornament dies. Just a little way to bring some whimsy to your holiday crafting. Check out the site because Kathy is offering some promotional pricing on her new stamps + the CottageCutz dies.
 
Let's get started with my card and some details on what I did.
 
Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Embossed Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
 
I decided to use this Cuttlebug winter themed embossing folder as the backdrop for my ornaments. Wanted to create some background interest.
 
My next step was to die cut my ornaments in red cardstock. I used the smallest ornament in the set.  The face stamps come in different sizes and for this ornament I used the 1 1/8" set. I made a guy and a girl ornament to coincide with the sentiment I used.

Before I assembled my card I stamped my sentiment. The "from our home to yours" is a one line stamp. I used my MISTI Tool to get the placement I wanted on 2 lines.
Using the MISTI I placed my Merry Christmas stamp on my background panel.
 
 
I lined up the "from our home to yours" stamp and masked off the part of the stamp I didn't want on the 2nd line of my greeting. 
 
2nd line of sentiment stamped
Repeated the same masking process and stamped my 3rd line of sentiment.
Now I am ready for the card assembly. I used some 1/8" striped red ribbon to "hang" my ornaments. Scattered some red sequins and my card is completed. I hope I gave you some additional inspiration for Christmas.
 
Also don't forget about our newest challenge going on right now. The theme is fall. Here is the link for more info.
Until next week..........inky hugs.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedornamentsbulbbasics.aspx
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

Janja said...

This is so beautiful, Mary.

Lois said...

What a cute card, Mary! Great use of the MISTI for the sentiment placement, and those ornaments are just adorable!

Anita Kejriwal said...

very cute card

creative lady said...

Mary, cute card! I love my Misti and use it for everything!

Vladuška said...

Very nice and very cute.