Thursday, September 12, 2013

Jolly Cardinal

Happy Thursday everyone!

Kathy with you and today I have a Christmas card using a new CottageCutz die called "Jolly Cardinal". Is he cute or what?




I just LOVE birds, and cardinals are definitely one of my favorites! As soon as I saw this little guy, I know I HAD to have it! I love the scarf and little ear muffs, too cute!

Using the Jolly Cardinal Die, I die cut red for the body and green and white for the branch. The remaining pieces were cut with white cardstock and colored with chalk inks.

I used aqua for the card base and red and white for the mats. The white mat was embossed on the upper portion only, stamped with a sentiment, distressed a little and glued to the red mat. Then I added ribbon and popped the mat on the card base. To finish the card I added a snowflake button and a bakers twine bow!

Here's a little close up of the Jolly Cardinal! So cute!




8 comments:

Simko said...

Yes Kathy, he is beautiful! I want one too... :). Great card and I love the white embossed background.
Hugs,
Simona

Anonymous said...

Kathy, beautiful card. I love the simplicity of it. You kept the focus on the little cardinal. Great work!
Gina

Mojca said...

Waw this is really pretty. hugs! Mojca

Anča said...

Maybe the cardinal would be even more merry if he sang a song...with a note sign or something similar floating in the air. I like it, though!

Olena said...

So cute bird!!!!Love it!

Cheryl Walker said...

Kathy, beautiful job, and I love this Jolly cardinal, he is darling....
Hugs
Cheryl

Carol Hurlock said...

How super sweet this is. A great looking Christmas card. Just beautiful.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Unknown said...

this lil guy is cute as a button with his chubby cheeked sweet face!!

he could be used year round, and made in other colors too!


super pretty card!