Friday, August 16, 2013

Bella Spring Tree with Fancy Lace Border and Ornate Birdcage


Good morning everyone and beautiful Friday to you all!

It's Simona here, sharing another card made with
beautiful CottageCutz Elites dies Bella Spring Tree,


For the tree I used white cardstock. But before I cut
the tree out I colored/distressed the top half of the paper
with different shades of green from light to dark and
for the bottom half of the paper I used different shades
of brown colors. Then I positioned the tree die on the 
paper and cut it out.


Once the tree was cut out I took another piece of white
cardstock and glued the tree on it. Then I cut the paper
into three equal stripes and matted them onto the
brown cardstock. The Fancy Lace Border and the 
Fancy Ornate Birdcage were cut out of white carstock.


I used brown cardstock for the base of my card and
some designer paper from my stash. I glued the pieces 
in place onto the DP paper and added some satin ribbon.
Then I glued everything onto the base cardstock.


I cut out my sentiment and added Fancy Ornate Birdcage
cut outs to both of the sides. I sponged them before gluing.
Because the dies are so intricate with beautiful designs,
you can use them in so many different ways to make
your projects interesting and pretty.


The CottageCutz dies are so easy to use and you
ALWAYS end up with a beautiful result. 
I hope you feel inspired and you'll try them out for
yourself. 

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!

Hugs,
Simona


7 comments:

Vladuška said...

Oh, Simona you card is such a beauty. Great idea with the tree, it looks really beautiful. I also like the different green and brown colors.

Kathy said...

Love your coloring on the tree Simona! Very creative use of the birdcage! Just beautiful! Blessings! Kathy

Carol Hurlock said...

So beautiful Simona. I love the layout you used for the tree. Very eye catching. The shading looks splendid and a super creative way to use that birdcage you clever girl!!!
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Mojca said...

Waw it's totally gorgeous. hugs! MOjca

Olena said...

Gorgeous!!! Very love the layout you used for this card. Beautiful combin. of colors. Great job!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Simona I absolutely LOVE how you did this card and the tree!!!! Beautiful job and beautiful colors too!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Very amazing blog for lace fancy border. This blog Great idea for lace fancy border.Thank you for sharing Great blog.