Thursday, August 16, 2012

CottageCutz ~ Pretty Birthday Wishes

Good morning!  How's it going today?  I hope you're having a wonderful week, and are ready for an even more wonderful weekend.  Lorie here today to share my first project with the new Wedding Release CottageCutz dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  WOW, are there ever some fun designs, and Cottage Cutz fans have been asking for these designs for quite some time!  You're just gonna LOVE them!!

For my card today, I decided to take the dress from the wedding collection and make it into a birthday card.  Is there a lady you know who wouldn't love to receive a card made with this?  I used some lacy paper from my stash to cut the layers for the dress and I sponged the edges with a bit of Stampin' Up!  Basic Gray ink, just to give them a little more depth.  Each layer is popped up with foam dots for even more depth, and this gorgeous dress was screaming for some bling, so I was happy to oblige.  Some individual rhinestones, a rhinestone strip, and rhinestone flourishes were just the ticket to finish this beauty off.

Here's the die I used for this card:


Thanks so much for visiting The Scrapping Cottage Blog today!  I hope you have a very blessed and beautiful day, filled with all things crafty!




4 comments:

Janice W. said...

Lorie this dress is so pretty! Just the perfect amount of bling!

MiamiKel said...

Oh I want a dress like this when I grow up! LOVELY!! I like how you layered the dsp to create this lovely gown - sweetness!! TFS!

Carol Hurlock said...

Lorie I just love this! Oh my goodness I love it when someone thinks outside the box. Now I want this die....lol Gorgeous and creative.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful dress and card Lorie!! Love the way you did the dress!!!!
Beautiful job!
Hugs,
Cheryl