Thursday, December 29, 2011

Celebrate the BIG 2

 Yes. . Celebrate the BIG 2. . .  201"2". . . . This week I decided to work on a New Years cards. I used a few dies from the Cottage Cutz Birthday release from the middle of 2011. Cottage Cutz Celebrate which has the word Celebrate and several confetti type shapes and the two small Cottage Cutz dies, two styles of balloons. The entire Birthday release really allowed you to use most of the dies for any type event.I used Lime Green glitter, Black & White Bling and Metallic Gold card stock. The colors seem to pop against each other. I foam dotted some of the balloons to create dimension. I used a 1/8 hole punch to cut a few Lime Green Glitter card stock dots and glued them to the black sheer ribbon so the polka dots would match the card.  You can't always find ribbon to match a card perfectly.  The tag with the 2012 is tied with a gold cord bow to the BIG 2, just like a tag on a gift. I also let the balloons and strings overlap the card a bit. Fill the finished card with confetti before mailing. . .
Thanks and Happy New Years to All!  Barry

2 comments:

Tee said...

Great card - I love the colors.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Barry! Great card - very celebratory!
hugs,
Gini