Friday, September 23, 2011

Wholesome Pumpkin Bread

Hi Scrapping Cottage fans! Thanks so much for popping by today, it's Angelica here with a recipe card project that is quick, and has so many variations!

Have you checked out all the fun dies The Scrapping Cottage carries for the Kitchen? They are delectable! Today I opted to use the Bread die which is awesome because Fall is definitely in the air! My favorite bread is pumpkin bread and I found a wonderful recipe at Eat Clean Recipes that has wholesome, yummy, clean ingredients that will make you feel A LOT less guilty when you end up eating the whole loaf in one day. Oh, is that just me? ha ha!


This is the "Bread" 4x4 die I used for this project.

I decided to create a 4x6 Recipe card using Basic Grey's "Payrus" line and matched my cardstock to it. For shading this time, I used Color Box Pigment Inks and my Prismacolor pencils. Doesn't the bread look so toasty and warm?


To create the optional pocket, simply put a line of glue on the back of your pocket just around the outside edges leaving the top edge unglued. That will be your opening. You could even snap a photo and slide it into the pocket with the recipe card so you remember exactly how it came out!

I doodled a bit on the front of my card to match the pattern in the paper. I used my Faber Castell Pitt pens. LOVE them!


See? Once you tuck the card back in your quick pocket, it lays pretty flush against the card, making indexing a complete breeze. Hope you enjoyed today's project - what's your favorite fall treat? Have a great weekend, everyone! :) Angelica

3 comments:

Bast said...

This is just absolutely adorable. Love that die. You did an amazing job with it. A collection of fall recipes or holiday cookies would make a great gift.

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Lorie said...

What a great idea, Angelica! This is so cute, and the recipe sounds YUMMY! I see a background stamp that is on my wish list now, too!!

Barbara said...

LOVE THE CARD AND THANKS FOR THE YUMMY SOUNDING RECIPE. CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME COOLER WEATHER SO I CAN TRY THE BREAD.