Monday, September 19, 2011

A Halloween Display


I bought me one of these trays over a year ago and kept meaning to put something cute inside to display. With all these cute Halloween diecuts from the Halloween release I couldn't resist. I used papers from MLS and cut each paper I chose to size and then added some embellished dies. I love the look of tuelle so added a double bow to the top.
I secured each card piece to the windows using tacky putty so I can remove them and display other holidays in my tray. When Halloween is over I can simply remove the cards and put them in a bag for next Halloween.


I used the Jack-o-Lantern w/Hat die, Broom mini, Potion Bottle Mini, Frog mini, Scaredy Cat mini, Spider mini & Cauldron Peeker dies.
I wish you could see this in person, it's so much cuter!
I also used the ghost from a previous release. The cat and spider are also from previous releases.
I used the Haunted House Silhouette die and the cloud punch out is from MLS.
The pennants are also from MLS.
I used some Glossy Accents to make some things more dimensional even though the picture makes it look kind of white, it's really just shiney...I even used it to make a wart on her nose.

Remember to keep CottageCutz dies in mind for your holiday decor this season!
I'm lovin' this fall weather here in Utah, it really gets me in the mood for Halloween craftiness.
Have a great day!
Kay

5 comments:

Yarning4asmile said...

this is very very cute! i love halloween we go all out every year.. i even have a huge halloween town i put out it usually takes about 2-3 hours to set up! i love looking at your blog theres some really cute inspirations.

Lorie said...

Such a wonderful idea, Kay, and a "fangtastic" addition to your Halloween decor! Amazing and I LOVE it!!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Kay your Halloween display is AWESOME hun!! I LOVE it, and love all the DARLING Cottage Cutz you used!! Beautiful job!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Pearl said...

This is super dee dooper , Kay ! lol just darling !

Paulette S said...

Kay this is adorable and what a fun decoration for Halloween. I love that you put Halloween prints behind your scenes too.