Friday, September 24, 2010

Life's A Beach

Good morning!  For my post today, I'm sharing a layout I did using my Cottage Cutz Sandcastle and Seagull dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  I used colored card stock instead of white this time, because the kraft card stock just worked the best for trying to achieve that sandy look, so as they say, "If it ain't broke...  and, I'm sure you know the rest.  I did do a little shading here and there with Copic markers, but not too much.
 I did lots of tearing and sponging on this page, and I used some twine to wrap around the posts for a more authentic look.  The Life's A Beach title is computer generated, and I thought it would be cute to add that to the sand castle.  I know I have pictures of my kids when they were little that will work just great with this page.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day and I hope you get to enjoy some happy crafting!





6 comments:

Shar said...

Love the torn paper for the water and sand, it looks great! The seagull and sandcastle are the perfect embellishments for your beach page. Nice work!

GiGi said...

This is one gorgeous layout! Beautiful job!

Nikki Foraker said...

Wow! This LO totally ROCKS!!!

Nikki

Ruth Ellen said...

Wowee-zowee!!! The tearing technique is fabulous for the sand and water!! Great layout!

CreatedbyKay said...

What a gorgeous beach scene! I'll take three of those LOL!

Janice W. said...

One of these days I will start doing some layouts. This is FABULOUS!!!