Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bones and Backgrounds

Again I am using a simple die. . . to create a patterned background. Here I cut a ton of Cottage Cutz Fish Skeletons and randomly applied the fish skeletons to my 2 1/2" lettering. Than cut all the overlap off, remember to cut as you go, that way you may have some fish parts to use in the smaller area's. I than attached the letter to the shadow cut to add a slight color contrast, I used two different white cardstock. This took the clean white look of the bones away.

Don't forget the negative of your dies cutz. Here I stacked up all the negatives and randomly . .unevenly cut around the edge to create a tile look.


Started applying them to a 12" strip of cardstock. . .WOW what a great border strip, I could not stop and before you knew it I had filled a 6" x 12" strip of paper. Randomly I used the real skeleton cutout.

Now I have two 5" x 6" panels to create a nice background for a card. I think this may make a nice background for a Father's day fishing card? What about hot pink cardstock with white skeletons and diamonds . . for the eyes of the fish. . wooo . . .FuFu cat card? Maybe as a wavy or school of fish across a scrapbook page?



2 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Love this idea!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow is this ever cool! LOVE this idea! How creative! xxD