Thursday, October 01, 2009

I think one of my favorite dies from each Cottage Cutz release has to be the different "house-type" designs. So far we have had the cute Two-Story House and Flower Shop from the April release, then the Tree House in June, the Surf Shack in August, the Haunted House from September's Halloween release, and of course the latest September Autumn-themed release that has that fantastic Old Red Barn plus the Chicken Coop! I am having so much fun collecting all these different shapes and even more fun putting them together on my layouts and other crafting projects.

Right now though, it is all about the Haunted House for me! As promised, here is page two of my Disney Haunted Mansion layout from last week. There are lots of different ways to create two-page layouts. One method to use when doing a two page layout is that you can put a lot of focus on one page as a sort of "title" page and then use the second page to house lots of pictures.
On my second page, I used a grid pattern to include lots of pictures. I broke up the rows by using different shaped pictures and also by adding a square of patterned paper and then the square containing my Haunted Mansion using the Cottage Cutz Haunted House die. I love how it really resembles the actual Disney Mansion!
It is amazing how different the house can look by using different papers and leaving off some of the different embellishments that this die has. I can't wait to use this Haunted House on a fun Halloween card, too!! Oops! Did I just give away my next post?! ;)

8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow! This is sooo perfect! Looks just like the real thing! Amazing layout! xxD

CreatedbyKay said...

Love your "Haunted Mansion" - you did a great job making it look like the Disney one!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Love the die, love the layout!!!

Shauna K said...

great LO!!! that house is fantastic :D great job!

annb said...

Your Haunted Mansion is very cute. Your are right all of the Cottage Cutz houses are sooo cute yet different too. The Haunted Mansion looks great on your layout.

Natasha said...

FANTASTIC JOB Ruth Ellen :-)

Rochelle said...

The Haunted House looks amazing! I love how you used it to highlight your Disney vacation! Awesome! These pages are fanatastic! Great job, Ruth Ellen!

Happy Mofe said...

Love this Haunted Mansion. Too too cute.